What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site. But, we do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Account. In order to use certain services that we offer via the Site such as use of the Service, you are required to create an account (“Account”). If you create an Account you will be required to provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, a photo of yourself as well as a password that you will use for your Account (“Account Information”). You may also voluntarily choose to provide additional Personal Information as part of the Account registration process and in connection with your ongoing use of your Account such as your organization's financial account information (including access credentials, your financial institution’s name, names of your credit and/or debit cards and financial accounts that you elect to connect to the Service) and your billing information (including debit card and/or credit card number, expiration date, billing address and other payment related information). We may send you a text message to your mobile phone or an e-mail to the e-mail address you submit to confirm your registration. If you choose not to create an Account, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Service.
- Usage Information. We may collect information about how you are accessing and using the Site and/or Service, which may include administrative and support communications with us and channels, people, features, content, and links you interact with, and what third party integrations you use (if any). Such information may include Personal Information.
- Information We Receive from Third Parties. We may receive and/or procure information from third parties, including but not limited to, its service providers, ad networks and marketing agencies, which all relate to your preferences and your use of the Site and/or Service.
- Location Data. We may provide certain location-based services (“Location Services”) in connection with the Service that are dependent on data related to the geographic location of your mobile device on which the Service is installed or used (“Location Data”). If you choose to participate in these Location Services, you agree that we may collect or obtain your Location Data. You should be able to use the settings on your mobile device to turn off location-sharing features.
- Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, your device’s type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site and/or Service, track users’ movement around the Site and/or Service, and gather demographic information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Site and/or Service may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order to for us to provide our Service and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Site and/or Service. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
- Mobile Device Data. We may collect limited information from your mobile device in order to provide the Services. Such information may include your mobile device type, mobile device id, and date and time stamps of Services use. In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies within the Services to help us gather aggregate statistics, but we will not use Personal Information for such purposes.
- Services Integrations. If, when using the Site and/or Service, you integrate with a third party service, we will connect that third party service to ours. The third party provider of the integration may share certain information about your account with ControlHippo. However, we do not receive or store your passwords for any of these third party services.
- Web Analytics. The Site may use certain web analytics services to collect information about use of the Site. Web analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to the Site. We use the information we get from web analytics to maintain and improve the Site and our products. We do not combine the information collected through the use of web analytics with personally identifiable information.
The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Site and/or Service, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways, via any applicable communication channel, including e-mail, SMS, etc.:
- We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Service, to send you marketing/advertisement communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with the Service and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site and/or Service that you are authorized to access.
- We may integrate your email with the Service and obtain access to your email messages, if you have selected the option to agree to provide us with such access. We will use our best efforts to only access and view email messages that are relevant to the purpose of providing you with improved Service.
- We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Service and our products; and/or (ii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
- We may send you service and administrative emails and messages. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Site and/or Service, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered part of the Service and you may not opt-out of them.
- If you choose to send others an invitation email or message to use the Service we will use the contact information that you provide, or make available, to automatically send such invitation email or message. Your name and email address may be included in the invitation email or message.
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site and/or Service, with people/organization you speciﬁcally ask to share with.
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site and/or Service if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ControlHippo, our users, yourself or the public.
- Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Service-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Site and/or Service.
- Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Site and/or Service but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
- Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. You also have the right to access Personal Information about you and to limit use and disclosure of your Personal Information. If you would like to request access, limit use and disclosure and/or delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to Here.Your email should include adequate details of your request, including your name, contact information and observe the required formalities under applicable law.
- Children’s Privacy. The Site and/or Service are not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at Here.
- Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Site and/or Service, you can contact us at Here.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information and any other information you provided us in connection with the foregoing events.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to Here. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- Our California Do Not Track Notice. We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. We may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Service.
- Deletion of Content from California Residents. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
Last updated: Feb 21, 2022